- Seek Medical Attention if Needed or Recommended and you are unable to immediately return to Ontario.
- Advise the Hospital or Treatment Provider of all available insurance you have, including any travel insurance, extended health insurance and automobile insurance.
- Contact your insurance companies, including travel insurance, extended health, and auto insurance to advise of you accident and need for medical attention - they may offer further instructions to ensure your medical expenses are paid.
- Contact our law firm for a complimentary consultation and advice if you are uncertain how to proceed or if you need assistance advancing a claim for your losses in Florida and Ontario.
- When you return to Ontario, immediately follow-up with your physicians to continue treating for your injuries.
Ontario residents injured in Florida will usually be able to get their medical expenses paid by insurance. Even if you do not have travel or extended health insurance coverage, an experienced lawyer can assist with ensuring medical bills are covered by auto insurance. Ontario residents usually have claims against the at-fault driver's insurance in Florida as well as their own insurance policy in Ontario. The claims need to be coordinated in order to ensure that you are accessing all available benefits. We regularly represent Canadians injured in Florida, and Attorney Andrew Iacobelli has offices in Florida and Ontario to assist. To learn more or to request a Free Consultation call us toll free 24/7 at 1-866-234-6093.